Recipe – Dhokla
* 350gms Satyendra Besan (Gram flour)
* 1 cup curd
* 1teaspoon Green Chilies paste
* 1 teaspoon Ginger paste and salt to taste
* 1 teaspoon Soda bi-card
* 1 Lemon juice
* 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder
* 1 tablespoon oil
* few Curry Leaves, 1 teaspoon Mustard Seeds,2 teaspoons oil, Corriander Leaves(chopped) and 2-3 green chilied vertically slit.
- In a bowl add Besan (Gram flour), Curd and water.
- Mix well and make a smooth batter. The batter should be of thick consistency.
- Add salt and set aside for 4 hours covered with a lid.
- Take the ginger and green chili paste and add to the batter. Also add turmeric powder and mix well.
- Keep the steamer or cooker ready on gas.
- Grease a baking dish (it should fit in the steamer or cooker).
- Now in small bowl take a tsp. of soda bi-carb, 1tsp oil and lemon juice and mix well. Add this to the batter and mix well.
- Pour the batter into the greased pan and steam for 10-12 minutes or till done.
- Cool for sometime and cut into big cubes.
- Heat little oil in a small pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves allow to splutter. Remove and pour it over dhoklas.
- Garnish the besan dhokla with coriander and slited green chilies.
- Serve with hari chutney.
* 250 gms Besan
* 1/4 tsp Turmeric Powder
* 1 tsp Coriander Powder
* 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
* Chopped vegetable(as per choice)
* Oil for deep frying and Water as per requiremnt
* Salt as per taste.
- Mix together the besan, turmeric, baking powder, chilli powder and coriander in a bowl.
- Add sufficient water and mix to make thick batter.
- Dip chopped vegetable pieces into the batter and add salt to it.
- Heat oil in a kadhai.
- Deep fry the pakoras in oil until golden brown.
- Drain pakoras on an absorbent paper to remove excess oil. Serve immediately.
Other delicious dishes can be made with Satyendra Chana Besan and Satyendra Matar Besan
- Besan Methi, Besan Roti
- Besan Kadhi, Mango and Peanut Chaat, etc.
- Gathia, Chanachur.
- Besan Curry and other Snacks, etc.